As we have no control over users' wallets or their private keys, it is very important that you create a secure backup of your Bitcoin.com wallet.
If you were to lose or break your device, the only way to recover your Bitcoin.com wallet and the funds held within is with your 12-word backup phrase.
As long as you have written down and secured your 12-word recovery phrase, you will always be able to restore your wallet and any BCH/BTC funds stored within. If you have not yet written down your backup phrase or have lost it, please do so now while you still have access to your wallet.
If you do not have your recovery phrase written down, there is nothing Bitcoin.com can do to help recover the wallet or funds for you.
It is up to the user to make sure they have their wallet backed up and the recovery phrase kept safe.
Make sure to store your backup phrase in a very secure location, such as with passports, birth certificates, real estate titles, and other precious documents.
To find your 12-word recovery phrase please follow the steps below:
1. Open your Bitcoin.com wallet application.
2. Select the wallet you wish to back up, BTC or BCH
3. Tap on the red "wallet not backed up" text to proceed directly to the backup stage.
(If you do not see this text, please tap to the settings cog in the top right of the screen, and then on "Backup")
4. Follow the on-screen instructions to start the backup process.
5. Write down the 12 words on a sturdy piece of paper. Your 12-word recovery phrase will be displayed reading from left to right, top to bottom.
6. Once you have written down all 12 words tap on "I've written it down" and then re-enter the words back in the same order to confirm you have it correct.
7. If you have followed all instructions correctly it will now say "Your bitcoin wallet is backed up" Read the warning and tap "got it".
Your Bitcoin.com Wallet is now backed up!
Please note that if you create any new sub-wallets within your Bitcoin.com wallet application, you will have to back these up separately.
Since Bitcoin.com has no access to users' wallets, we cannot help recover wallets or funds if the user has failed to back up their wallet.
IMPORTANT: Make sure to store your backup phrase(s) someplace you know for certain it will be safe. Treat it as a very valuable possession and store it with other documents such as birth certificates, passports, real estate titles, etc.