Please note that the following recovery instructions will only work if the receiving address is from your Bitcoin.com wallet
Bitcoin Core (BTC) and Bitcoin Cash (BCH) are two entirely separate cryptocurrencies and they operate on two entirely separate blockchains. This means that Bitcoin Cash (BCH) sent to an address on the Bitcoin Core (BTC) blockchain will never appear nor be present on the Bitcoin Core blockchain.
Because both BTC and BCH can sometimes share a similar address format (Legacy address format), it is possible to accidentally send a Bitcoin Cash (BCH) transaction to a Bitcoin Core (BTC) address, but the funds will only exist on the BCH chain.
If you have the same backup phrase for both your BCH and BTC wallets, then all you need to do is generate the receiving address in your BCH wallet.
Please try the steps below:
Select your BCH Wallet -> Tap on the small "settings" cog in the top right -> More Options -> Wallet Addresses -> Tap the + symbol next to "Unused Addresses" until you see either the receiving address appear or the message "Empty addresses limit reached". Next tap "Scan addresses for funds"
The funds should now show up in your BCH sub-wallet.
If your BTC wallet that received the BCH transaction has a different recovery phrase, then you will need to follow the instructions below to recover your BCH:
- 1. Press "Home" in the bottom left
- 2. Press "+" sign on the right of "Bitcoin Cash (BCH) wallets"
- 3. Create a personal wallet. Enter a name for the wallet, for example, "BCH recovery wallet"
- 4. Make sure that the "coin" is set to (BCH)
- 5. Show advanced options
- 6. Wallet key - Tap on “Random” and change to “Specify Recovery Phrase”
- 7. Enter the recovery phrase from your BTC sub-wallet (you can get it by opening your BTC wallet, tap on the settings cog -> backup)
- 8. Make sure "Single address wallet” is turned OFF. You don't need to change the derivation path.
- 9. Tap on Create wallet and proceed to step 10.
- (If you receive the error "Key already associated with an existing wallet”, please go to the "Extended Instructions" (BCH) page_)
- 10. Go to Settings > [BCH recovery wallet] > More Options > Wallet Addresses
- 11. Tap 'Unused Addresses' at least 20 times / until you get an "Empty addresses limit reached" message
- 12. Tap 'Scan addresses for funds'
- 13. Your Bitcoin Cash (BCH) will now appear in your BCH recovery wallet.