Please note that the following recovery instructions will only work if the receiving address is from your Bitcoin.com wallet
Bitcoin Core (BTC) and Bitcoin Cash (BCH) are two entirely separate cryptocurrencies and they operate on two entirely separate blockchains.
This means that Bitcoin Core (BTC) sent to an address on the Bitcoin Cash (BCH) blockchain will never appear nor be present on the Bitcoin Cash blockchain.
If you have the same backup phrase for both your BCH and BTC wallets, then all you need to do is generate the receiving address in your BTC wallet.
Please try the steps below:
Select your BTC Wallet -> Tap on the small "settings" cog in the top right -> More Options -> Wallet Addresses -> Tap the + symbol next to "Unused Addresses" until you see either the receiving address appear or the message "Empty addresses limit reached". Next tap "Scan addresses for funds"
The funds should now show up in your BTC sub-wallet.
If your BCH wallet that received the BTC transaction has a different recovery phrase, then you will need to follow the instructions below to recover your BTC:
- 1. Press "Home" in bottom left
- 2. Press the "+" sign on the right of "Bitcoin Core (BTC) wallets"
- 3. Create a personal wallet. Enter a name for the wallet, for example, "BTC recovery wallet"
- 4. Make sure that the "coin" is set to (BTC)
- 5. Show advanced options
- 6. Wallet key - Tap on “Random” and change to “Specify Recovery Phrase”
- 7. Enter the recovery phrase from your BCH sub-wallet (you can get it by opening your BCH wallet, tap on the settings cog -> backup)
- 8. Make sure "Single address wallet” is turned OFF. You don't need to change the derivation path.
- 9. Tap on Create wallet and proceed to step 10.
- (If you receive the error "Key already associated with an existing wallet”, please go to the "Extended Instructions" (BTC) page)
- 10. If no error is shown go to Settings > [BTC recovery wallet] > More Options > Wallet Addresses
- 11. Tap 'Unused Addresses' at least 20 times / until you get an "Empty addresses limit reached" message
- 12. Tap 'Scan addresses for funds'
- 13. Your Bitcoin Core (BTC) will now appear in your BTC recovery or existing BTC wallet.