As long as you have written down your 12-word recovery phrase which was shown when you first opened the Bitcoin.com Wallet app, you will always be able to restore your old/lost wallets by using that phrase. You will need to restore both your BTC and BCH wallets separately unless you personally created both from the one backup phrase.
Unfortunately, if you do not have the 12-word backup phrase there is no way to recover your wallet or the funds should anything happen to the device you have the wallet downloaded to.
Bitcoin.com has no control over your private keys or any transactions made; we can not restore your wallet for you.
To restore your wallet from the backup phrase please follow the steps below:
- 1. When you have downloaded the Bitcoin.com wallet, tap on the "+" symbol to the right of your bitcoin wallets.
- 2. Now tap on "Import wallet"
- 3. Enter your 12-word backup phrase and select the coin, BTC or BCH, for the wallet you want to import. Please note that when entering your phrase, all words must be lowercase with a single space between them and no space after the final word. There is also an option to scan a backup QR code.
- 4. Once you have entered all 12 words correctly, tap "Import"
- 5. If you have followed all the steps correctly your Bitcoin.com wallet will now be restored. (repeat the above steps to recover any sub-wallets)
Some older versions of the wallet may not support recovering your wallet using the "Import" feature. If using "Import" returns an error, try these steps instead:
- 1. Tap the "+" symbol to the right of your bitcoin wallets.
- 2. Select "New Personal Wallet"
- 3. Give your wallet a name, and select the coin type (BTC or BCH) of the wallet to be restored.
- 4. Tap "Show advanced options"
- 5. Under the Wallet Key dropdown, select "Specify Recovery Phrase"
- 6. Enter your 12-word recovery phrase. If your wallet was previously generated with a spending password, you may also need to input the password under Add a password
- 7. Tap on "Create new wallet"
- 8. Your wallet should now be imported successfully, although it may still display a balance of zero. If this is the case, please follow the instructions outlined in the articles 'Funds not shown' in this category - https://bitcoindotcom.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/sections/360005070653-Receiving.