Note: Bitcoin is sent and received using a digital wallet. To get started, download one for free from us here.
- Open your Bitcoin.com wallet app and tap the ‘Receive’ button at the top of the Home screen.
- Choose which wallet you want to receive Bitcoin to. Make sure you select a (BCH) wallet if you are receiving Bitcoin Cash or a (BTC) wallet if you are receiving Bitcoin Core.
- Your chosen wallet will generate an address that lets you receive coins. Copy this by tapping the QR code.
- Provide this address to the sending party, or if you’re in person, the sender can simply scan your wallet QR code with their device.
- Open your Bitcoin.com wallet app and tap the ‘Send’ button at the top of the Home screen.
- Copy and paste the recipient’s wallet address into your own wallet app. If you’re in person, select “Scan QR code” and simply scan it with your app.
- Choose which wallet you want to send Bitcoin from. Make sure you select a BCH wallet if you want to send Bitcoin Cash or a BTC wallet if you want to send Bitcoin Core.
- Enter how much you want to send and tap on ‘Continue’.
- Carefully check that you’re happy with the details and then Slide to send.
If you want to move money between your own wallets, select ‘My wallets’ in the ‘Send’ section of your app.