In the event that you are trying to send stablecoins like USDT (Tether), USDH (Honestcoin), or other SLP tokens, please be aware that you may not have sufficient BCH inside the wallet to perform a send transaction.
Things to remember when using stablecoins or tokens:
- Stablecoins and SLP tokens live inside your Bitcoin Cash wallet as assets.
- In order to send Stablecoins or SLP tokens, you must have a tiny amount of BCH inside of the wallet you are sending tokens from. Tokens live on top of Bitcoin Cash, and in order to send the tokens, you need to have a tiny amount of BCH, usually ~530sats (less than a $0.01).
- Sending tokens is fast, cheap, and reliable, just like sending Bitcoin Cash
What if I don't have any BCH left?
You have a few options:
- You can purchase more Bitcoin Cash inside of the Bitcoin.com Wallet.
- You can move some BCH from an exchange or a different wallet into the Bitcoin.com Wallet containing the tokens. Then you'll be able to send right away.
- Use free.bitcoin.com to receive a tiny amount of BCH, which should be enough to send the tokens. You can also google "Bitcoin Cash faucets", but be careful using 3rd party services. If they are ONLY asking for your Bitcoin Cash receiving address they might be fine to use, but NEVER share your 12 word private seeds.
- You can earn some additional BCH by using Twitter and the CCTip bot which rewards users in BCH for Retweeting content. View the latest available BCH airdrops to participate in. You will need to withdraw that BCH back into the Bitcoin.com Wallet once you have been rewarded.
How do I prevent this from happening again:
If you are going to regularly use stablecoins like USDT or USDH, or other SLP tokens, always keep a small amount of BCH in wallet(s). Even if that's just a few cents. By preventing your BCH wallet from going empty, you won't have any issues sending / receiving tokens as often as you require.