To export your Bitcoin.com wallet private keys by file/text, please follow the steps below:
- Open your Bitcoin.com app and select the wallet you wish to export.
- Next, tap on the 'Settings' cog in the top-right of your screen.
- Select "More Options".
- Now select "Export Wallet" from the list.
- Select File/Text (note: the QR code option will be discussed below*).
- It is important at this point to choose a "strong" password. A good passphrase is one that is very difficult for others to guess but easy for you to remember. It advisable to not select well-known quotes or sayings.
The Bitcoin.com wallet will not allow you to proceed without a password. This is because exporting your wallet involves exposing your private keys to the system clipboard, or worse, sending your private keys unencrypted by email. Once you have a password set up, it is safe to press “Copy to clipboard” or “Send by email”.
(You can also choose to export your wallet without the private keys. To do this, just tap on "Show Advanced Options" and check the "Do not include private key" option. Please note that you will not be able to spend from the wallet without the private key)
*Exporting via QR Code:
The QR code method of exporting your wallet is best suited for quickly exporting a wallet and then immediately importing it onto another device via QR code scan. If you are switching devices and want to move your Bitcoin wallet to your new device with the Bitcoin.com wallet app installed, you would select “QR Code” as your export method.
If you have more than one (1) wallet in your Bitcoin.com app, you will have to export each of them individually.
To export your wallet by QR code, please follow steps 1 to 4 from above and then select "QR Code"
This will display your private key QR code (important note: please be careful as anyone who scans this will have access to your wallet and funds)
Now just scan the QR code with your new phone and you will have the same wallet on your new device.